We are looking for a Lookdev Developer to help build amazing tools and resolve support tickets within our Lookdev Team. Reporting to the Lead Lookdev/Lighting Developer, this is a back-end position, which requires skills in programming, look development and lighting for assets, full-CG environments and shots.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with Lead Lookdev/Lighting Developer and TDs to resolve support tickets in a timely manner;
• Ensures proper optimization methods are being applied in lookdev;
• Helping to develop Katana templates and tools;
• Test new softwares and evaluate its efficiency;
• Develop tools and integration for new software into the existing pipeline;
• Lends insight to CG Supervisors, TDs and render wranglers to help correct pipeline inefficiencies;
• Keep other supervisors apprised of issues arising in pre-production and shot production and offer creative solutions to those issues;
• Work closely with other artists under tight production schedules;
• Clearly communicate progress and issues;
• Respond quickly to the needs of management and clients.
• Minimum 5 years’ of experience in the VFX industry;
• Experience in custom shading networks, Katana template design and LookDev workflows;
• Expert knowledge of Katana, Renderman;
• Expert knowledge of Python, C++ and Lua;
• Working knowledge of Maya and Nuke;
• Knowledge of texturing and painting packages (Mari, zBrush, Mudbox, Substance, Painter/Designer);
• Strong technical understanding of shading in Renderman;
• Production experience with Renderman shaders and lighting situations;
• Previous experience performing Look Development tasks;
• Strong understanding of the physical properties of materials and how they interact with light;
• Good understanding of modeling, texturing, shading, lighting, compositing and rendering workflows.
• Problem-solving and improvising abilities;
• Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas in a professional and positive manner;
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently;
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure.
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
It is our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.