At Method Studios, we create worlds, characters and experiences. Come and join an artist-driven company known for its creativity and put your talents in action by working on the biggest features, shows, advertising and immersive projects. We’re always on the lookout for talent to help us create visual creations the world has never seen or even thought of yet. With so much happening across all of our studios, there are many opportunities and many directions to explore.
Method Montreal is looking for a Matchmove Artist to join our amazing team. Reporting to the Matchmove Supervisor, the Matchmove Artist will be responsible for reproducing the geometry, camera movement and object movement of a live-action shot in a 3D environment.
In this role, you will:
- Provide high-quality tracks of camera motion in live-action plates;
- Establish virtual camera motion for both single shots and general environments (multiple camera setups);
- Match move objects and characters’ motion in shot photography;
- Finalize shot layouts in Maya.
This job is for you if:
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in a similar position in a VFX or high-end commercial environment.
- Strong knowledge of PfTrack or 3dEqualizer and Maya.
- Ability to understand lens distortions, survey geometry and set alignment.
- Ability to react and respond quickly to the needs of management and clients.
- Proven ability to work closely with other artists under tight production schedules.
- Stereo experience and body/facial matchmove, Python programming skills or ability to create tools and scripts to facilitate workflow are a plus.
Why should you join Method Studios?
- Being part of a world-class, award-winning team that creates amazing Visual Effects for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters
- Flexible working hours and remote work available
- Comprehensive Group Benefits (health, dental, life insurance etc.) from day one!
- An incredible company culture. We value new ideas; our virtual doors are always open.
- Opportunity for career progression in advancement. We want to see our employees grow!
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.