- Supports and mentors matchmove artists
- Derives accurate camera and object 3D solutions adhering to all provided camera and subject specifications (focal length, film back, lens distortion, rolling shutter, etc.)
- Flags when there are issues and lack of clarity of your tasks informing relevant supervisors and production managers
- Ensures continuity between scenes/shots when working with other Mathmove and Layout artists with the same project, sequence, assets, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum five (5) years in a similar role within the VFX industry for feature film
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience as a show lead
- Firm grasp of 3D tracking principles and toolsets
- Must thrive in a team environment and enjoy working with other artists
- Demonstrate a good eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
- Able to deliver results to a high standard with the aid and direction of the Matchmove & Layout Leads / Supervisors.
- Ability to be adaptable and accepting of changes in a production schedule
- Aware of project schedules and capable of delivering work to deadlines
- Aware of overall team deadlines and schedule; communicating with the department production manager and/or coordinator any and all shifts in scheduled dates
- Good communication skills both technically, creatively, verbal, and written
- 3d Equalizer – Advanced
- Maya – Advanced
- Nuke – Intermediate
- Shotgun – Intermediate
- 3d Studio Max – A plus
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.