Matte Painting Artist
Please apply online: Matte Painting Artist – L’Atelier Animation
Status: Full time / Fixed-term contract
Annual Salary: Based on experience
Planned start date: ASAP
L’Atelier Animation is an animation studio that specializes in the creation of 3D feature films and television series.
Founded in Montreal in 2012, L’Atelier has distinguished itself by its choice of highly creative projects to work on and its constantly evolving technological infrastructure.
At its core, L’Atelier is a place of creativity, and the studio prides itself on the talent and audacity of all its passionate artists, technicians and managers.
Job description :
Under the direction of the Production Manager and Matte Painting Supervisor, Matte Painter is in charge of creating the missing 2D visual media in the 3D environment to complete the final composition of the images. He may also create the objects necessary for the projection of mattes painting in a 3D scene. He mainly uses Photoshop and Nuke to mount the scenes and finalize his work. The position requires a solid understanding of the techniques of Matte painting and a real creative talent that follows the artistic direction of the project.
– College diploma in 3D animation;
– Minimum three (3) years experience as a matte painter in film / animation production or visual effects;
– Excellent knowledge of PHOTOSHOP;
– Good knowledge of MAYA and NUKE;
– Being comfortable with LINUX/UNIX environment is an asset;
– Knowledge of an asset manager lige SHOTGUN is a plus;
– Knowledge of 2.5D projection in NUKE is a plus;
– Possessing traditional painting / drawing techniques is a plus;
– Be a Canadian citizen or be a permanent resident of Canada and be willing to work in Montreal, Québec