Mid 3D Layout Artist
Duration: First three-month contract starting as soon as possible with possibility of extension for another project (To be confirmed).
About Digital Dimension:
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual properties and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment! We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.
Your role :
The Layout Artist is responsible to transform the visuals of the project storyboard into a 3D animated model in order to provide a first 3D preview of the scenes that other departments will use as a basis to build the sequences and shots:
- Stages the characters and assets for each animation sequence according to the director’s initial intention and the technical specifications of the project;
- Positions cameras and places characters in key poses to imply and to show their actions and movements;
- Ensures consistency and continuity within and between shots;
- Applies various corrections at the request of the lead or the supervisor;
- Participates in the resolution of technical problems in order to ensure the production is moving forward;
- Respects the schedule set by the production team;
- Maintains a good team dynamic and a good collaboration between departments.
Your experiences and qualifications:
- Diploma in a 3D animation or equivalent work experience;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- Experiment on a cartoon series for children;
- Good knowledge of Autodesk Maya to create and realize 3D layouts;
- Good knowledge of camera techniques;
- Keen eye for the composition and aesthetics of a plan;
- Capability to solve problems and resourcefulness ;
- Ability to communicate and work in a team ;
- Capacity to work under pressure ;
- Creative and passionate about animation, cinema and / or video games ;
- English / French bilingualism;
- Knowledge of Shotgun (asset).