Mid Lookdev and Lighting Artist
About Digital Dimension?:
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual properties and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.
Reporting to the CG Supervisor, the LookDev Artist creates the main lighting for the sets as defined by the production and in accordance with the client’s creative guidelines:
- Work with the Art Director, CG Supervisor and Lead Lighting to establish the final look of the sets;
- Work closely with the characters, environments and props Team Leaders;
- Set up the stage models for the Lighting artists in cooperation with the Lighting Team Leader;
- Contribute, with the assets and the Lead Lighting, to maintaining the quality of the surfaces generated by the assets department for the final rendering;
- Test and document, with the approval of the CG Supervisor and the Lighting Team Leader, the creation of lighting scenes (Renderlayers, AOV, rendering settings, optimization);
- Collaborate closely with the Compositing Team Leader in order to provide the images necessary for the proper process of the final compositing ;
- Light plans entirely in CG, awaiting the next sets and once the work of LookDev is completed.
Your experiences and qualifications:
- Diploma in a 3D animation program;
- 2 to 5 years experience in LookDev and Lighting Artist positions;
- Experience in lighting and composing images;
- Experience in producing TV series;
- Good technique of 3D modeling, texture, shaders, RenderLayers, AOV, optimization and lighting for different environments;
- Advanced knowledge of Maya 2020 and Vray Next – NECESSARY
- Mastery of the creation of quality and realistic digital environments as well as the mock-up look;
- Knowledge of matte-painting preparation and 2.5 D matte-painting projections;
- Artistic eye;
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate, orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner;
- Passionate about landscapes / environments in general;
- Passion for children’s animation and / or video games;
- Substance Painter and Substance Designer (an asset);
- Knowledge of scripting / programming languages (python, MEL) is a plus;
- French and English bilingualism (spoken and written).