Mid Rigging Artist
Twilight of the Gods is Zack Snyder (Army of the Dead, 300, Justice League) and Jay Oliva’s (Trese, Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns) latest brainchild packed with action and cutting-edge artistry. “It’s my take on Norse mythology,” said Snyder during (Netflix’s) Geeked Week live stream. “It’s just going to be unlike anything you’ve seen. In animation, we can do anything we want so fun and fun for all of us. The creatives involved have just been going nuts.
Your role :
The Rigging department at Digital Dimension is a high-energy open environment that focuses on finding efficient and flexible solutions for a diverse range of projects, while simultaneously challenging and supporting the talent on our team.
Reporting to the Rigging Team Leader, the responsibilities of the Rigging Artist will be as follows:
- Create, maintain and adjust complex rigs: characters, vehicles, accessories, environments and skin;
- Create an ergonomic and intuitive interface so that the characters can be optimally controlled, articulated and animated ;
- Collaborate with the animation and modeling teas to perfect the rigging work;
- Make the characters evolve and add new features based on feedback from production;
- Show ingenuity in solving problems and is proactive in proposing techniques and tools that improve quality and efficiency;
- Respect the deadlines set by the coordination team and the supervisor;
- Inspire and encourage collaboration and good team dynamics.
Your experience and qualifications :
- Diploma in 3D animation;
- 2 to 4 years experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Python and Maya;
- Detailed knowledge of deformation, principles and tools in rigging;
- Familiarity with the principles of animation and how they affect the rigging solutions proposed;
- Knowledge of mathematics, anatomy and physiology (an asset);
- Knowledge of MotionBuilder, Unreal and PyQT (an asset);
- Knowing an asset manager like Shotgun is preferred;
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills;
- Good organizational skills and thoroughness;
- Excellent team player, proactive.
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property, and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.