SHED is an animation studio providing bespoke motion design and visual effects services to a worldwide clientele of ad agencies and brands. Montreal’s historic Golden Mile is where you can meet our 35 talented artists and production personnel. We’re home to true artisans who love to explore new technologies that push the boundaries of animation and VFX. Boutique-style service, incredible craftsmanship, and that extra something we like to call magic. That’s what you get when you come to SHED.
SHED is currently looking for an experienced and PASSIONATE artist to join his team as a 3D modeler.
- Creation of 3D models of environments, vehicles and props, from 2D designs, in a variety of animated style;
- Create textures maps (displacement, normal and bump) from a sculpting software;
- Create and optimise UVs;
- Collaborate with the team of artists to produce high quality images;
- Respect the company’s planned deadlines and high quality standards;
- Respect the project guideline
- Diploma of studies in a program related to 3D;
- Studies or practice in arts, drawing, sculpture (asset);
- Minimum 2 years of experience in cartoon character modeling;
- Experience in film, advertising, TV (asset)
- Have an excellent artistic eye for design, harmony of shapes and proportions;
- Good mastery of topology;
- Good understanding of human and animal anatomy (asset);
- Detail oriented and quality of work
- Good speed of execution;
- Knowledge of Maya, Zbrush and Houdini softwares;
- Artistic sense and creativity;
- Ability for teamwork;
- Good communication and initiative;
- Curiosity and interest to develop and shine.
SHED is a visual effects and animation studio that offers its expertise to agencies and brands that they represent. Our boutique-style service, incredible craftsmanship, and that extra something we like to call magic. Our passionate and creative team like to push the limits, innovate to make the images striking and go beyond expectations.