We’re Flight School, we make indie games (Creature in the Well, Stonefly), and we’re looking for an experienced Narrative Designer to join us on our next game.
As Narrative Designer, you’ll help us craft a brand new world and fill it with interesting characters. You should have a passion for the design of a story in a non-linear format. This person would help manage everything storytelling in the game.
We’re a small team, so you should expect to have a big influence on everything we make. We like to build projects around the team and encourage any unique set of skills that you can bring to the table. We aim to create a work environment where you have fun and love what you do! Aside from skills and experience, we are looking for someone who is the right fit for our team – thoughtful, kind, collaborative and excited to make great games. We value building a diverse team of artists with different backgrounds and points of view.
• Help create and develop unique characters and worlds
• Write lore, item descriptions, dialogue and other story aspects for the project
• Collaborate with the directors and design team to develop systems for narrative delivery
• Maintain the flow of the narrative, tone of the project and voice of the characters
• Create narrative content and implement it in the project for testing
• Play the game often and stay on top of how the story is working in practice
• Experience writing on released games
• Writing samples that demonstrate an affinity for creating fantasy worlds and characters
• Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
• Able to meet deadlines and complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
• Can communicate well and solve problems in a positive and constructive manner
• Experience with Unreal Engine, Unity or comparable engine
• Bachelor’s (BA) degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience
• Enjoy playing video games
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: https://jobs.reelfx.com/en/positions/narrative-designer-701
We look forward to hearing from you!
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.