Organic Texture Artist
At Method Studios, we create worlds, characters and experiences. Come and join an artist-driven company known for its creativity and put your talents in action by working on the biggest features, shows, advertising and immersive projects. We’re always on the lookout for talent to help us create visual creations the world has never seen or even thought of yet. With so much happening across all of our studios, there are many opportunities and many directions to explore.
We are looking for several Texture Artists to help us build amazing characters, props and environments.
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for creating complicated textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production;
- Acquire reference material when needed;
- Work closely with other departments to ensure assets created work through the pipeline;
- Implement best practices, mentor juniors and anticipate potential problems.
This job is for you if:
- A minimum of three (3) years of senior texturing experience within feature film;
- Full proficiency in Maya, Mari, Photoshop, and Mudbox or ZBrush;
- Basic understanding of shading principles and lighting required;
- Ability to run turntables and perform basic lookdev/shader adjustments required;
- Good understanding of color space and linear workflow;
- Strong attention to detail and follow through;
- Strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics;
- Modeling experience considered a plus;
- Ability to work autonomously and also follow specific directions when given;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Why should you join Method Studios?
- Being part of a world-class, award-winning team that creates amazing Visual Effects for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters
- Flexible working hours and remote work available
- Comprehensive Group Benefits (health, dental, life insurance etc.) from day one!
- An incredible company culture. We value new ideas; our virtual doors are always open.
- Opportunity for career progression in advancement. We want to see our employees grow!
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.