Pipeline TD – Feature Animation Shows
Cinesite is recruiting a Pipeline TD – Feature Animation Shows to maintain and advance Cinesite’s global production pipeline of 3D animation movies. Through the programming of new tools and plug-ins, the incumbent must ensure our pipeline is efficient and up to date with new production challenges to enable our artists to be creative and deliver stunning imagery. The Pipeline TD – Feature Animation Shows also provides pipeline technical support as well as identifying and improving the Feature Animation’s pipeline and workflow, software and tools.
- Provide technical troubleshooting support to end users to the Feature animation’s pipeline, implementing bug fixes or suggesting solutions and work arounds.
- Assist the Lead R&D with all aspects of technical components
- Maintain and develop libraries (Python) and APIs for our core pipeline tools to meet the requirements of current feature animation projects.
- Support Cinesite’s global production pipeline for both the departments/general use and the specificities of a feature animation project.
- Liaise with the R&D team
- Test and document new software and tools along with their adaptability.
- Provide support to the users; diagnose bugs and issues artists experienced with the pipeline, provides alternatives and solutions, enter and filter development and support requests in the database.
- Work closely with Cinesite various development teams (R&D, Infrastructure, VFX) to ensure standard work practices are followed and to report common issues arising within the Feature animation division.
- Assist Supervisors and Leads (Feature Animation division) in the evaluation and selection of new technologies.
We’d like to talk to you if you have the following:
- University degree in Computer Science, Animation, Arts and/or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of Python programming
- Basic knowledge of C/C++ programming language is a plus
- Experience with software/technologies Maya, Nuke, Arnold (or similar renderer), Houdini, Mari, ZBrush
- Good understanding of the pipeline and workflow specific to animated film industry
- Experience with source control and build systems in a Linux environment
- A proactive attitude and great team spirit are essentials
What can we offer?
Cinesite offers a positive, creative environment where the world’s leading animation and effects artists are encouraged and supported to develop and produce challenging, cutting-edge, award-winning work.
We work as a collective, where excellence, expertise and expression are valued by all; where we collaborate with some of the world’s leading creative thinkers and produce work to which we are proud to put our name.
If you want to be part of the Cinesite story, please submit your application as an online submission via this website. If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. If your application is not retained for this position, it will stay on file for future opportunities.