We’re Flight School, we make indie games (Creature in the Well, Stonefly), and we’re looking for a Programmer to join us on our next game.
As a Programmer, you’ll balance creative problem solving and technical organization to implement a variety of features, systems, or other components in Unreal. You’ll work collaboratively with the entire team to solve the technical aspects of design and make ideas a reality.
We’re a small team, so you should expect to have a big influence on everything we make. We like to build projects around the team and encourage any unique set of skills that you can bring to the table. We aim to create a work environment where you have fun and love what you do! Aside from skills and experience, we are looking for someone who is the right fit for our team – thoughtful, kind, collaborative and excited to make great games. We value building a diverse team of artists with different backgrounds and points of view.
• Turn ambiguous technical and creative requirements into well-defined tasks
• Develop game systems from concept to completion
• Write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code
• Work with production to scope your own work and plan accordingly
• Expand our team’s capabilities and through continued experimentation, research and professional development
• Minimum 4 years of industry experience programming on games
• Proficiency in C++ and Blueprints in Unreal
• Familiarity with core game systems such as animation, physics, UI, AI, and more
• Strong 3D vector and math skills
• C# and Python experience
• Some experience with Maya or similar tools
• Able to meet deadlines and complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
• Can communicate well and solve problems in a positive and constructive manner
• FMOD or Wwise experience is a plus
• Console development experience is a plus
• Enjoy playing video games
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: https://jobs.reelfx.com/en/positions/programmer-702
We look forward to hearing from you!
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.