Real-Time Rigging Supervisor
Are you ready to learn and share new ways of thinking about rigging? Ready to think outside the box and push boundaries? Imagine being at the forefront, exploring cutting-edge technologies that will advance the art of character creation, shaping unique and visually captivating character rigs for feature-quality animated productions while navigating the exciting landscape of our real-time animation pipeline, feeling the thrill of being the key player in a team that brings incredible stories to life.
Your expertise will ensure the quality of our production’s rigs as you lead the charge in developing groundbreaking rigging and pipeline strategies. You will be the guiding light for the rigging team, training, and mentoring our rigging leads and artists. Imagine helping others grow, nurturing the next generation of exceptional artists. Think of the talent you’ll inspire!
• Supervise the Rigging team to build robust character rigs to required standards for real-time engine implementation.
• Work with the stage and mocap team to develop real-time focused motion capture rigs.
• Collaborate with the Modeling team to ensure proper asset creation as it relates to rigging standards.
• Collaborate with the Animation team to maintain, test and improve existing rigs and R&D new techniques and implement new rigging solutions.
• Communicate with the Pipeline Technical Directors and Animation Supervisor to develop and maintain rigging and animation tools.
• Assist the Animation Department with shot specific technical issues.
• Provide accurate bid days and resource requirements to accomplish expected tasks on time and on budget.
• Develop new techniques and processes to solve character production challenges.
• Work with production management to prioritize tasks.
• Keep supervisors informed of progress, changes, roadblocks and other critical issues.
• Participate in training, recruiting and other global department tasks as requested.
• Bachelor’s (BA) degree from accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of five (5) years of production experience.
• Knowledge and passion for traditional animation techniques and the principles of character motion.
• Knowledge of anatomy and the understanding of form, geometry and movement.
• Knowledge of game or real-time rigging applications and workflows.
• Knowledge of mesh flow and modeling techniques.
• Knowledge of mathematics such as linear algebra, trigonometry, geometry, calculus and differential geometry.
• Knowledge of programming and software development skills. Python and Mel preferred; C++ knowledge is a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine and real-time rigging techniques is a plus.
• Great communicator with distinguished presentation, negotiating and leadership skills with the natural ability to motivate and mentor team members.
• Ability to interact with and integrate requests of directors, broadcasters, executives and clients.
• Ability to manage projects from concept to completion, to solve problems, resolve conflicts, prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines.
If you are interested in the position, please apply directly here: https://careers.reelfx.com/apply/719?language=en
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted. Candidates may be asked to provide references.