Contract: as soon as possible until the end of November 2021
The Render Wrangler is responsible for ensuring the facility’s render farm runs efficiently. Artists from various departments submit completed data for rendering. They continuously check the computers to ensure there are no technical or machine problems which might interfere with a successful output. Render Wranglers may receive directions from Producers, Supervisors, Co-coordinators or Resource Managers and have contact with artists in various CG departments, particularly to identify, sort out and troubleshoot render issues. Rendering can be required in the planning stages and throughout production, including development and tests for models, animation, effects, lighting, etc. In addition, the Render Wrangler assists with quality control. Additional tasks may be issued by different production departments depending as the need arises.
- Monitors render queue efficiency.
- Ensures that priority jobs from production are completed both successfully, and in a timely manner.
- Provides render technical support.
- Identifies, reports, and find solutions to technical rendering and compositing errors.
- Creates daily reports for each production documenting efficiencies, problems and priorities.
- Communicates relevant information to Production Managers, Coordinators and Technical Directors.
- Provides bug reports and feedback on render-relevant software tools.
- Ensures all rendered layers are complete and error-free.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
- Contribute to any other task which can be assigned to him (her) from time to time.
Your experience and qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of typical production pipeline.
- Knowledge of Maya and Nuke or any other relevant software used in this industry.
- Experience using a render queuing software, Deadline an asset.
- Highly organized and responsible.
- Python scripting beneficial.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
- Respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio, production or pipeline.
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property, and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.