Please apply online: Render Wrangler – L’Atelier Animation
Status: Fixed-Term Contract / 40h per week, variable schedule: morning or evening, a few hours on weekends (remotely)
Starting date: November 2019
Yearly Salary: Based on Experience
L’Atelier Animation is an animation studio that specializes in the creation of 3D feature films and television series.
Founded in Montreal in 2012, L’Atelier has distinguished itself by its choice of highly creative projects to work on and its constantly evolving technological infrastructure.
At its core, L’Atelier is a place of creativity, and the studio prides itself on the talent and audacity of all its passionate artists, technicians and managers.
Under the direct supervision of the Shot Supervisor, the Render Wrangler is in charge of monitoring and controlling the day-to-day rendering process of the different departments, while respecting the priorities that have been given to him. He is responsible for the rendering farm and ensures its proper functioning.
– Have a good knowledge of full CG production process;
– Ability to set priorities for heavy workloads;
– Excellent communication skills;
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
– Manage pressure;
– Be an excellent team player;
– Ability to work with minimal supervision;
– Be comfortable in the LINUX / UNIX environment;
– Have a minimum of experience on MAYA and / or GUERILLA;
– Have knowledge / skills in lighting;
– Knowing an asset manager like SHOTGUN is an asset;
– Knowing a render manager like QUBE is an asset;
– Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Canada or have an open work permit and be willing to work in Montreal, Quebec;