Rigging Development Supervisor
- Design and maintain rigging/build system for rigging assets.
- Collaboratively works with studio leadership; prioritizes and escalates show and overall studio pipeline tasks and solutions
- Writes Technical Briefs, wikis, and other documentation
- Communicate with the rigging department and studio leadership to develop long/short term goals and road map.
- Oversee a team of developers and provide leadership, guidance, and feedback
- Assist with recruiting and evaluation of new hires and conduct performance reviews of rigging development team
- Communicate with the pipeline development team and make sure the studio pipeline development accommodates to needs of the rigging department
- Reviews and evaluates existing workflow and oversees rigging ticket system
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in Rigging for VFX, Gaming, or similar development environment
- Good understanding of rigging for VFX, including parallel evaluation. Maya API, Python
- Excellent understanding of 3d Mathematics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- C++, Shotgun, 3ds Max (a plus), and Unreal Engine
- BA Computer Science, Math, or similar discipline(plus)
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks
- Good at debugging shot and tool-related issues
- Eye for detail, initiative, and excellent organizational skills
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting/problem-solving ability
- Deep understanding of rigging/animation workflow and pipeline
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.