Roto Paint Artist
At Method Studios, we create worlds, characters and experiences. Come and join an artist-driven company known for its creativity and put your talents in action by working on the biggest features, shows, advertising and immersive projects. We’re always on the lookout for talent to help us create visual creations the world has never seen or even thought of yet. With so much happening across all of our studios, there are many opportunities and many directions to explore.
Method Montreal is looking for Roto Paint Artists to join our amazing team! Reporting to the Head of Roto Paint, ideal candidates are able to do seamless work, have an excellent attention to detail and have a very good eye for color and composition. The Roto Paint Artist will have an important role in participating in the delivery of feature movies and TV show projects.
In this role, you will:
- Rotoscope elements and create mattes in preparation for composting work at a high level;
- Perform advanced paint and recreation in Nuke and/or Silhouette to prep plates for comp department;
- Complete assigned tasks effectively;
- Deliver shots under short deadline;
- Train and mentor junior artists;
- Perform annotations and QC for internal and vendor work.
This job is for you if:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience degree or diploma in visual effects/digital media arts;
- At least 2+ years of experience working in major feature films;
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge/experience with Nuke, Silhouette, and Mocha;
- Must be authorized to work in Canada;
- Ability to receive and implement feedback quickly and effectively;
- Strong communication, time management, and organizational skills;
- Must be a team player;
- Dependable and flexible;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- BIG Plus: Skilled in frame painting and experience doing beauty work.
Why should you join Method Studios?
- Being part of a world-class, award-winning team that creates amazing Visual Effects for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters
- Flexible working hours and remote work available
- Comprehensive Group Benefits (health, dental, life insurance etc.) from day one!
- An incredible company culture. We value new ideas; our virtual doors are always open.
- Opportunity for career progression in advancement. We want to see our employees grow!
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.