Roto Paint Lead
Method Montreal is looking for a Roto Paint Lead to join our amazing team. Reporting to the Roto Paint Department Supervisor, the Roto Paint Lead is responsible for making sure the Roto/Paint Team delivers all the requested elements in a timely fashion and acts as a liaison between Production and the crew at both local and at outsource facilities.
In this role, you will:
- Assist Producers, DPR Supervisor, and Compositing Supervisor with bidding and scheduling;
- Attend dailies and follow up with team regarding their notes, fixes, etc.;
- Work with production and suggest suitable artists on shot assignments;
- Create annotations for outsource vendors;
- Provide clear direction and priorities to the team;
- Monitor shot and sequence progress;
- Motivate and empower the team to meet deadlines;
- Identify problems and effectively implement solutions;
- Review roto and paintwork from vendors and internal artists for quality assurance;
- Efficiently paint and roto on complex shots as needed;
- Train and mentor junior artists.
This job is for you if:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience degree or diploma in visual effects/digital media arts;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in major feature films;
- Strong Knowledge of Silhouette, Mocha, and Nuke;
- Experience working with external vendors and clients;
- Leadership skills including mentorship, ability to give feedback and direction and to assign work as needed;
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills;
- Team player;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to receive and implement feedback quickly and effectively;
- Dependable and flexible;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Frame painting skills are a plus.
Why should you join Method Studios?
- Being part of a world-class, award-winning team that creates amazing Visual Effects for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters
- Flexible working hours and remote work available
- Comprehensive Group Benefits (health, dental, life insurance etc.) from day one!
- An incredible company culture. We value new ideas; our virtual doors are always open.
- Opportunity for career progression in advancement. We want to see our employees grow!
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.