Senior 3D Artist
We’re Flight School, we make indie games (Creature in the Well, Stonefly), and we’re looking for an experienced 3D Artist to join us on our next game.
As a Senior 3D Artist, you’ll be working on a small team in a generalist role, performing a wide variety of tasks related to asset creation and integration. You’ll primarily be modeling characters, props and environments, but will also work on texturing assets within our non-photorealistic rendering style. As an experienced artist you’ll also work with the directors to help develop the styles and techniques used to accomplish the project’s visual goals.
We’re a small team, so you should expect to have a big influence on everything we make. We like to build projects around the team and encourage any unique set of skills that you can bring to the table. We aim to create a work environment where you have fun and love what you do! Aside from skills and experience, we are looking for someone who is the right fit for our team – thoughtful, kind, collaborative and excited to make great games. We value building a diverse team of artists with different backgrounds and points of view.
• Collaborate with the directors to help develop modeling techniques for the project’s style
• Create and integrate 3D models, textures and materials in Unreal
• Create clean character topology to help ensure good deformations in rigging
• Work with production to scope your own work and plan accordingly
• Maintain a high visual quality while staying within platform performance requirements
• Portfolio demonstrating stylized modeling work with organic and hard surface models
• Experience working on released games
• Proficiency in Maya and Substance Painter
• Experience integrating 3D assets in Unreal, Unity or comparable engine
• Bachelor’s (BA) degree from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience
• Able to meet deadlines and complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
• Can communicate well and solve problems in a positive and constructive manner
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: https://jobs.reelfx.com/en/positions/senior-3d-artist-703
We look forward to hearing from you!
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.