Senior Developer – Pipeline
Please apply online: https://latelieranimation.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk06n4n/
Job Title: Senior Pipeline Developer
Status: Permanent / Full-time
Annual Salary: Based on experience level
L’Atelier Animation is an animation studio that specializes in the creation of 3D feature and television series.
Founded in Montreal in 2012, L’Atelier has distinguished itself by its choice of highly creative projects to work on and its constantly evolving technological infrastructure.
At its core, L’Atelier is a place of creativity, and the studio prides itself on the talent and audacity of all its passionate artists, technicians, and managers.
Under the supervision of the R&D Lead, the Pipeline Developer is responsible for developing backend libraries necessary for the development of tools by the mid-developers and the TDs. They must take into account prerequisites and deadlines as defined by the R&D Lead.
This position requires strong knowledge in pipeline development, and the ability to create efficient, solid, user-friendly, and easy-to-maintain libraries.
- Diploma in computing, 3D animation, or equivalent work experience;
- At least ten (10) years of experience working in a production environment;
- Understanding of the technologies and processes of a production environment;
- Ability to identify and solve issues;
- Knowledge of Python and Qt;
- High proficiency using Maya;
- High proficiency using an Asset Manager like Shotgun or proficiency using a database (MySQL, NoSQL, Mongo…);
- High proficiency using rendering software (RenderMan, Arnold, Guerilla…);
- Knowledge of Guerilla, Katana, Nuka, and Mari is a plus;
- Proficient in French and English, spoken and written;
- Have Canadian citizenship, have Canadian permanent residency, or have a valid work permit and be available to work in Montreal, Quebec.