Senior Rigging Artist
Please apply online: https://latelieranimation.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk06neo
Status: Full time / Fixed-term contract
Annual Salary: Based on experience
Planned start date : August 2019
L’Atelier Animation is an animation studio that specializes in the creation of 3D feature films and television series.
Founded in Montreal in 2012, L’Atelier has distinguished itself by its choice of highly creative projects to work on and its constantly evolving technological infrastructure.
At its core, L’Atelier is a place of creativity, and the studio prides itself on the talent and audacity of all its passionate artists, technicians and managers.
Under the supervision of the Rigging Supervisor, the Rigging Artist is responsible for the construction of rigs for 3D characters, vehicles and props, and develops animation and rigging tools. He is responsible for creating animation interfaces that meet technical requirements and the artistic vision of the project.
– College diploma or equivalent in 3D computer graphics / 3D animation specialization;
– Minimum 4 years of working experience in character models rigging with MAYA, in a film production environment / animation TV series or visual effects;
– Skills in facial animation preferably;
– Strong sense of anatomy;
– Strong knowledge of traditional animation techniques and characters movement principles;
– Experience with PYTHON ;
– Strong mastering of MAYA rigging tools especially for the creation of joints and skeletons, skinning and weighting, IK configuration, blendshapes and deformers, nodes dependency;
– Be comfortable with a LINUX / UNIX environment;
– Knowledge of an asset manager as SHOTGUN is a plus.