Method is one of the world’s leading image creation to finishing companies. Our network of integrated facilities provides a full range of services including concepts, design, pre-vis, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, motion graphics, compositing, and finishing; and through Method EXP, AR/VR/MR experiences and technology. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York and operations in eleven cities including Montreal and Vancouver and a team of 3,500, Method boasts some of the best and brightest artists, experts, engineers and innovators in the VFX industry. Method has contributed to numerous titles advancing in the VFX Oscar race, including Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War and Aquaman. Not to boast, but some of the most recently released projects we’ve contributed to includes The Witches (nominated for three Visual Effects Society Awards) the Top Gun sequel Maverick(shortlisted forthe visual effects Oscar race) and Extraction (nominated a Visual Effects Society Award) and we’re just getting started with 2021! We are looking forward to an incredible array of exciting projects this year and are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our team.
We are currently searching for a Software Architect to join our talented team from Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver. Within the Core Technology department, you will collaborate with a small multi-disciplined team who write and maintain our service-oriented system that is used across our six locations. We are building a community in our group and seek experienced software developers like yourself to join us. You will be contributing by providing technical mentorship to the development team and designing and operating our always available services that are at the center of our global operations.
In this role, you will:
- Architect the backend software that drives our visual effects pipeline including our asset management system, transfer services, configuration system, compute platform and automation systems.
- Provide technical mentorship to a team of developers and site reliability engineers.
- Document existing and future software designs.
- Break down high level designs into tasks.
- Develop quality, reusable code.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems escalated to the core infrastructure team.
- Maintain the entire service-based infrastructure we deploy on.
- Collaborate within Core Technology and across the Production Technology departments to architect solutions that improve the user experience.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the development process.
Who are you?:
- You have 8+ years of experience in a similar role and have a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Highly developed problem solving and abstract thinking skills
- Advanced communication skills
- You have experience designing, writing and maintaining microservices
- You embrace the agile principles and understand the value of team work
It’d be a bonus if:
- You have experience managing relational and NoSQL databases
- You have in-depth knowledge of API management
- Being part of a world class, award winning team who creates amazing Visual Effects for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters
- Flexible working hours and remote work available
- Comprehensive Group Benefits (health dental, life insurance etc.) from day one!
- Tuition reimbursement should you want to hone your technical skills
- Virtual events to lull your quarantine boredom and keep you on your toes, like virtual escape room happy hours and fitness challenges
- An incredible company culture. We value new ideas, our virtual doors are always open
- Opportunity for career progression in advancement. We want to see our employees grow!
- Docker Swarm
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
It is our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.