As a storyboard artist, you illustrate the script stories. You are the first person to put stories from our animation or vfx projects into images.
- Interpret scripts and storylines;
- Propose a breakdown of the action in several shots;
- Draw vignettes that express actions and camera angles;
- Assemble thumbnails into animatics;
- Integrate audio tracks into animatics;
- Execute corrections as requested by supervisors and/or director using analytical skills;
- Work closely with the pre-production team;
- Organize work and prepare presentation elements for validations;
- Provide progress reports to supervisors and producers on an “as needed” basis.
WE’D LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- A degree in an Arts or Film program;
- A degree in a 3D animation program (asset);
- Experience as a storyboard artist;
- Experience in film, advertising, TV (asset);
- Excellent understanding of cinematic scene and dramatic structure;
- Drawing skills with a strong sense of acting and composition;
- Ability in creating action and humor expressed through drawing;
- Knowledge of Shotgrid (asset);
- A level of comfort with the Windows environment (asset).
YOUR WORK TOOLS:
- Storyboard Pro
ENVIRONMENT, VALUES AND WORKING CONDITIONS
We believe in a healthy work environment where commitment, mutual aid and direct communication between artists are valued. Whether you want to advance within your discipline or take on new challenges, you will find the right playground at SHED.
Work-life balance is a key concern for us as an employer, therefore we offer the flexibility of hybrid work and group health insurance.