TD FX (Tool Development)
Please apply online: TD FX – L’Atelier Animation
Status: Fixed-term / full-time contract
Annual salary: Depending on the experience
Start date: October 2019
L’Atelier Animation is an animation studio that specializes in the creation of 3D feature and television series.
Founded in Montreal in 2012, L’Atelier has distinguished itself by its choice of highly creative projects to work on and its constantly evolving technological infrastructure.
At its core, L’Atelier is a place of creativity, and the studio prides itself on the talent and audacity of all its passionate artists, technicians and managers.
The FX Technical Director is primarily responsible for developing front-end tools for the FX department, taking into account the prerequisites and deadlines defined by the FX Supervisor. Working under the supervision of the FX Supervisor and in collaboration with the Lead R & D, the TD is the key person for any technical issue of the FX department.
The position requires strong software development skills, the ability to program tools that are robust, efficient and easy to maintain.
– Define needs with the FX Supervisor;
– Validate the work with the Lead R & D;
– Perform the corrections requested by the Lead R & D with analytical skills;
– Develop working methods, tools and solutions related to different disciplines;
– Develop, maintain and support FX pipeline tools (front-end);
– Document tools and code;
– Provide technical support and training to artists for its tools;
– Maintain the tracking system;
– Inform the coordination, the CG shot supervisor and the Lead R & D of the progress of the work;
– Have a degree in computer science or 3D animation or equivalent work experience;
– Have at least two (2) years of experience in a production environment;
– Have an understanding of technologies and production processes;
– Ability to identify and solve problems;
– Mastery of Houdini;
– Python and Qt skills;
– Master a rendering software (RenderMan, Arnold, Guerilla …);
– Knowledge of English and French both orally and in writing