We’re Flight School, we make indie games (Creature in the Well, Stonefly), and we’re looking for a Technical Artist to join us on our next game.
As a Technical Artist, you’ll help design and implement tools and workflows that solve creative problems and allow art content and features to be easily integrated into the game. You’ll work with directors to determine the unique visual goals of the project and develop solutions to accomplish them. You should also be an artist, able to create appealing examples for how the tools, materials, or other features you develop can be used at their best.
We’re a small team, so you should expect to have a big influence on everything we make. We like to build projects around the team and encourage any unique set of skills that you can bring to the table. We aim to create a work environment where you have fun and love what you do! Aside from skills and experience, we are looking for someone who is the right fit for our team – thoughtful, kind, collaborative and excited to make great games. We value building a diverse team of artists with different backgrounds and points of view.
• Collaborate with the directors to develop tools and workflows for asset creation and integration
• Work with 3D artists to solve pipeline problems and keep things running smoothly
• Develop asset and vfx materials within the visual style of the project
• Support artists and programmers in the integration of assets and animations
• Help ensure assets meet technical and performence requirements
• Work with production to scope your work and plan accordingly
• Review creative process and identify opportunities for improving efficiency
• Minimum 3 years of experience in digital art content creation pipeline in games
• Proficiency in Unreal Blueprints and some experience in Unreal C++
• Experience developing Unreal materials
• Familiarity with core Unreal art systems like meshes, animation, lighting, and Niagara
• Strong 3D vector and math skills
• Able to meet deadlines and complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
• Can communicate well and solve problems in a positive and constructive manner
• Enjoy playing video games
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: https://jobs.reelfx.com/en/positions/technical-artist-704
We look forward to hearing from you!
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.