Technical Character Animator
- Creates a technical setup involving different elements such as rigs, cameras, volume capture scans for animation to use
- Cleans up mocap solves and object track solves
- Generates usable geometry out of 4D volume capture
- Tests and ensure character rigs meet technical and artistic specifications
- Technical setup of cameras
- Shot Sculpting deformation fixes on a cg character
- Debugs technical problems and escalate issues as needed
- Takes directions and applies notes from supervisors
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) to fours (4) years of matchmove, layout, tech anim, rigging, or shot finaling experience in visual effects for feature film or television
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in the field of arts, film and/or animation (preferred)
- Advanced software skills in Maya (required)
- General understanding of Maya rigging.
- General Modeling / Sculpting skills.
- General Animation skills.
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.