Technical Director (junior)
About ON Animation Studios
Driven by world-class technical and creative talents with offices in Montreal, Paris, and Los Angeles, ON is the independent animation studio of the ON Kids & Family group, a leading European studio specializing in the production of television series and feature films. Based in Montreal since 2015, ON produced and created the pipeline for Mune: Guardian of the Moon and The Little Prince (the most successful French animated movie in the world) and Playmobil the movie. The studio is continuing to expand its compelling portfolio of engaging and unique blockbusters with Ladybug & Cat Noir Awakening (based on the international hit series Miraculous Ladybug).
The greatest stories come from the greatest talents. Join ON Animation Studios Montreal!
Your mission at ON
- Create tools and production software related to the creation of the CG film animation pipeline, as assigned;
- Train TDs and Artists on the pipeline tools;
- Create code (python or any other programming language) for any department on the production floor based on the production needs;
- Use the source code version and deploy the code in production;
- Respect the deadlines and production quotas as assigned by the production team;
- Attend R&D and production meetings;
- Keep the tracking and communication system up-to-date to make sure it reflects the work in progress;
- Maintain great team dynamics;
- Be proactive in identifying the production issues and resolving them accordingly;
- Participate in code reviews and adhere to the studio’s coding standards;
- All under the supervision of the Lead Pipeline TD and the VFX Supervisor.
- Knowledge of Python (required);
- 2+ years in a Pipeline TD role on a 3D Animation or video game production (asset);
- Knowledge of C++ (asset).
As part of any recruitment process, we collect and store the applicant’s’ personal data.
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of evaluating your job application and making recruitment decisions. This may include members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, the organization will hold your data on file for 24 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process.
If you would like to withdraw, delete, change, or update your information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org