Texture and Shading Artist – all levels
Squeeze is looking for a talented Texture and Shading Artist. Under the Supervisor and Art Director’s supervision, this person will design textures for our 3D characters and assets. He or she will have to use 2D references and apply them to 3D models while respecting technical constraints and the artistic vision established for the project.
- Create textures and shaders for sets, props, and characters;
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Supervisor and CG Supervisor to determine the appearance of the project’s 3D models (accessories or characters);
- Obtain a degree of realism adapted to the artistic orientation of the project;
- Provide creative ideas and solutions to optimize the visual and technical quality level;
- Ability to create textures without any basis or using photographs, references or any other image source;
- Develop looks to ensure that assets can be properly lit and that they are technically appropriate to help create “passes”;
- Develop the surface quality of assets to take them to a higher level;
- Work with the Lead to determine the best possible techniques and creative approaches.
- Artistic sense;
- Team spirit;
- Ability to solve technical problems;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Good communication;
- Open to constructive criticism;
- Organizational skills;
- College diploma in 2D/3D animation;
- At least 2 years of experience as an artist in textures and shading in an animated film or TV series production or in visual effects;
- Excellent knowledge of Maya, Mari or Substance and Redshift (or softwares such as Arnold);
- Interest in developing a look in a Real-Time engine (Blender, Unreal), a plus;
- Ability to write shaders, a plus;
- Knowledge with Zbrush, Katana, Arnold, a plus;
- Knowledge of scripting with Mel or Python, a plus.