Texture Artist, organic
Type: Full Time
We are looking for several Texture Artists to help us build amazing characters, props and environments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating complicated textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production;
- Acquire reference material when needed;
- Work closely with other departments to ensure assets created work through the pipeline;
- Implement best practices, mentor juniors and anticipate potential problems.
- A minimum of three (3) years of senior texturing experience within feature film;
- Full proficiency in Maya, Mari, Photoshop, and Mudbox or ZBrush;
- Basic understanding of shading principles and lighting required;
- Ability to run turntables and perform basic lookdev/shader adjustments required;
- Good understanding of color space and linear workflow;
- Strong attention to detail and follow through;
- Strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics;
- Modeling experience considered a plus;
- Ability to work autonomously and also follow specific directions when given;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.