The CG Supervisor will join the team for the production of an action packed, high-end 3D animated TV series, intended for a mature audience. Directed by an A list Director, the project partly carried out in motion capture, aims to be realistic while adopting a stylized aesthetic and very graphic textures, and is entirely rendered with the Unreal game engine.
The candidate is responsible for the technical process of a production team and ensures compliance with quality standards and timelines established by the production management and the client.
- Technically interpret the vision of the client and ensures that the highest quality of work is achieved within the parameters of the schedule and budget;
- Reported any problems that may have an impact related to timelines, performance or capacity of any person to honor the contract and meet deadlines;
- Research new technologies to improve production of CG. Supervises final assessment, polishing and quality control elements of CG;
- Provided clear direction to all departments of CG, exerting strong leadership and setting clear goals, while controlling their process, progress and results;
- Defines the Unreal pipeline and 3D production tools. Works with Lead Compositor and TDs to develop the production pipeline;
- Consult and communicates the technical status of the project with Producer and Project Managers;
- Motivate and supervises CG team and evaluate Artists’ work;
- Should be mature and understand the demands of production;
- Help to create and promote a fun and healthy work environment;
- Participation in employee recruitment and interviews.
- At least 10 years’ production experience in game engines/animation/visual effects;
- Comprehensive knowledge of CG fundamentals: modeling, texturing/shading/surfacing, rigging, animation, lighting, rendering, compositing;
- Strong understanding of cinematic animation and visual effect structures and methodology;
- Mastery of the Unreal environment;
- Knowledge of existing CG production tools and pipelines;
- Skills and interest in “toon shading”;
- Excellent aptitude for troubleshooting CG issues;
- Ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations;
- Important understanding of best practice of technical management projects;
- Must be a skilled decision maker, problem solver and an exceptional communicator;
- Experience mentoring a team of 50+ artists, engineers, and/or technical artists;
- Ability to foster a strong community with an emphasis on high performance and guaranteed delivery;
- Stress resistance and proven leadership;
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
About Digital Dimension
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property, and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.