Type: Full Time
The VFX Editor is the liason between the client and our production team and is responsible for interpreting, confirming, tracking and distributing information from the client Editorial department while acting as a liaison. They incorporate all required versions of visual effects shots into the current cuts of sequences and have the ability to create a functioning environment where the VVFX Supervisor can evaluate a shot in sequence.
- Communicates with client editorial and tracks all stages of the client cuts, internal cuts, and iterations
- Maintains the production database with line up and count sheet information and verify correct plates and frame ranges are being used by the artists as well as provide information and clarification when needed
- Updates sequences with any changes to the cut and communicates changes and reference to the VFX team
- Prepares sequence edits for clients when required
- Quality control checks of VFX shots submitted for editorial reviews
- Manages media and project files using a shared storage system
- Edit show reels, marketing materials, and internal presentations
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong understanding of the VFX process and terminology, LUTS, and color space
- Familiar with shot tracking database systems (Shotgun, a plus), Word, Excel and other productivity software tools
- Knowledge and understanding of codecs, transcoding, and QT formats
- Strong team player with good communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.