The Episodic Producer is responsible for the overall strategy and execution of a project in conjunction with the other key Supervisors on a project. This includes but is not limited to scheduling, estimate generation, budget maintenance and client maintenance. Internally the Episodic Producer will work closely with the Head of Production, the Supervisors and help provide solutions to all phases of production as required by the scope of the project. Externally, the Episodic Producer combines negotiation and communication skills with artistic and creative understanding to deliver the highest quality of story-telling possible within the parameters of the budget and schedule
• Responsible for the creation and presentation of the overall budget and schedule for the production.
• Work with the Director and client to assess the impact, both in terms of budget and schedule, of all script and story changes.
• Ensure that the creative goals are being met while not over-complicating the show or going over budget.
• Ensure profitability of projects and client satisfaction both creatively and financially
• Prepare internal and client budget reports and production updates.
• Bid new shots and changes to the current scope of work.
• Collaborate with the Director and client to staff the key leadership team for the project.
• Resolve all disputes and conflicts within the production unit and all outside services regarding the story.
• Complete and attain approval on key production artwork, such as character designs, location designs, etc.
• Create script/show complexity assessment and priority breakdown.
• Develop and communicate all necessary schedules and deadlines both externally and internally.
• Work with the technology group to create and oversee the plan for technology and pipeline requirements for the project; ensure the pipeline is followed at every level and that data is up to date.
• Communicate with the Production Team and Studio Management weekly regarding the creative, resource, financial and technical state of the project.
• Determine the production milestones and plan and schedule assignments ensuring scheduled deliveries are met.
• Work to develop fix schedule and determine priority of fixes and re-takes.
• Evaluate resources needed, provide budget targets and manage overtime.
• Contract Freelance artists and negotiate contract and rates.
• Mentor Associate Producers and Production Managers in order to grow and develop their abilities and skills in working with Directors and Studio Management to successfully deliver the project.
• Obtain approval of the content of the opening titles and end credits as well as title design.
• Ensure that all contractual deliverables are met and archived
• Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 8 years experience in production management.
• Strong understanding of the Episodic process.
• Strong technical knowledge, with a thorough understanding of CG workflows
• Expert in MS Office Suite with a solid basis in working with numbers
• Knowledge of scheduling software
• Project Bidding – experience in assembling an overall bid packet for a feature animated film as required by a distributor or a bond company
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent client and crew management skills
• Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
• Interest and ability to mentor others and encourage and inspire teams
• Bilingual (French-English) a plus
• Ability to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
• Ability to make decisions and take initiative and to thrive in a high pressure, deadline- oriented environment.
• Creative thinker and proactive problem solver
• Excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Ethical and confidentiality a must
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If you are interested, please apply here: https://jobs.reelfx.com/en/positions/episodic-producer-649
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.