LEAP Animators Program
Are you looking to take your first LEAP into Feature Animation?
Whether you’re a recent Animation school graduate, looking to transition from another department into Animation or are self-taught, Cinesite is excited to offer you the opportunity to participate in the exclusive LEAP training program! Designed to give you a guided entry into an Animator role in our Feature Animation division, the program includes a combination of training and onboarding activities that will set you up for success. Gain practical experience from world-class talent as you work alongside your new team on Feature Animation projects.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Obtain a 6 month, full-time paid contract within our Feature Animation division
- Benefit from a carefully curated 10-week onboarding and training plan
- Gain hands-on technical and creative experience guided by seasoned Feature Animation professionals
- Develop your knowledge of key tools, softwares, techniques and feature animation pipeline while working on a Feature Animation project
- Learn the Cinesite Feature Animation production pipeline
- Work on your animation skills in a real production environment
- Be immersed in the “behind the scenes” of a production
- Take direction from the Lead Animator, Animation Supervisor, VFX Supervisor, Animation Director to produce high quality animation for Feature Animated films
- Work closely with the Animation team to properly interpret and implement creative concepts and client specifications
- Learn to work with production to find solutions that meet creative needs
- Learn to work within an established pipeline
- Complete assigned tasks based on established quotas and the production calendar
- Develop the ability to flag and/or resolve issues that may affect the schedule or cause delays
- Train on 3D animation techniques, software and related technologies.
- 3D Demo reel and/or CG portfolio that showcases your interests and skills
- Basic animation skills, required
- Basic understanding of anatomy, shot composition and animation principles.
- Knowledge of Maya for Animation
- Ability to work and learn as part of a team to achieve production goals and troubleshoot issues
- Commitment and motivation to build upon existing knowledge and learn new techniques
- Possess a valid working status in Canada (Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or open work permit)
- Must be based out of or be willing to relocate to Montreal
- Availability for full-time work, (40hrs/week) as of June 6th 2022