The Technology department at DNEG is responsible for the smooth running of the entire IT infrastructure across our global network. Our System Administrators play a key part because their role entails day to day support as well as project work to sustain and improve our large, primarily Linux infrastructure.
Working as a team, they provide 2nd and 3rd line technical support to our global infrastructure including support for our Netapps and Dell servers running XFS, NFS, CIFS as well as our SGI DMF backup systems. Systems Administrators also manage and maintain our large MySQL and Postgres databases while also ensuring supporting technologies like SaltStack and Jenkins are working correctly. Reporting and diagnosing issues using monitoring systems including Sensu, Graphite, Ganglia, and others is a daily requirement.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Previous experience as a Systems Administrator
- Extensive experience working with Linux systems
- Knowledge of Python, Perl, and Bash
- Experience using Git
- Experience working with a ticketing system, ideally JIRA
- Ability to articulate complex information to non-technical people
- Smart, driven and adaptable
- Logical and practical in approach to solving complex problems
- Team orientated and organized
- Strong communicator
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, and Goa.