- Generates high quality character, creature, and/or object animations for feature films.
- Works with other animators and supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technical and artistic
- Liaises with other production team members to ensure production deadlines are met
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Diploma in animation or related field or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in visual effects for live-action (realistic) feature films (preferred)
- Knowledge of Maya (required)
- Knowledge of Nuke and3Ds Max (a plus)
- Must have a strong sense of animation basics; acting, staging, posing, weight, timing and storytelling
- Ability to stay on model
- Strong understanding of the camera language; framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking, etc.
- Previs experience a plus
- A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt with the project
- Background or experience in fine arts demonstrating a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, and balance
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills is desirable
- Ability to troubleshoot/solve technical problems and escalate as needed
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.