CFX Lead works with the CFX Supervisors to create and execute the Director’s vision of fur and cloth on the production.
• Develop and maintain all department documentation of current pipeline and techniques
• Training new hires in department standards, worflow, and techniques.
• Guiding and mentoring artists in advancing their work towards asset/shot approval.
• Work well with team members in an advisory role and can show them process and troubleshooting.
• Prepares the assets for cloth simulation, including and not limited to creating the cloth simulation rig for the asset.
• Leads the development of a cloth simulation rig for an asset, including and limited to the development and exploration of character cloth motion and defining their baseline default parameters.
• Run realistic, stylized and complex cloth shot simulations in a production environment
• Performs corrective shapes and sculpting fixes for cloth simulation in shot
• Develop complex garments for use in shot work
• Develop and create new tools for the pipeline and shot artists
• Rendering and QC of cloth elements
• Procedurally groom hero-level and complex hair and fur using XGen.
• Discover new techniques to achieve groom direction in the most efficient and flexible way and shares them with the team
• Prepares the approved groom for animation rigging.
• Prepares the approved groom for simulation, including and not limited to creating the fur simulation rig for the asset.
• Leads the development of a fur simulation rig for an asset, including and limited to the development and exploration of character hair motion and defining their baseline default parameters.
• Run realistic and stylized fur simulations in a production environment
• Rendering and QC of fur elements
• Solid experience with multiple types of cloth solvers such as nCloth, Syflex, or Qualoth.
• Soid knowledge of the physics of motion and timing, cloth and hair motion.
• Advanced to Expert knowledge of nCloth, nHair, deformers, and rigging techniques.
• Advanced to Expert understanding of current grooming systems and techniques.
• Advanced to Expert understanding with xGen or other grooming packages.
• Advanced to Expert understanding of general grooming toolsets and is able to troubleshoot.
• 5 years of experience in film/animation/vfx
• Degree/diploma in fine arts/computer science or equivalent experience
• Advanced to Expert knowledge of Maya
• Knowledge of MEL, Python, C or other scripting language is a plus.
• Demo reel demonstrating abilities with shot breakdown
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: https://jobs.reelfx.com/en/positions/cfx-lead-630
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.