Facial Blendshape Artist
- Creates high-quality face shapes using FACS; implements improvements/changes based on review feedback and Supervisor/Lead direction
- Proactively recommends and helps with testing and proper implementation of ongoing pipeline improvements; Identifies potential issues, provides solutions, and escalates
- Maintains a positive relationship with all stakeholders and departments; attend and fully participate in meetings
- Trains, mentors, and assists in overseeing junior modeling team members
- Communicates with production with changes to scope, time, and challenges to make adjustments to milestones if needed to achieve project and department goals
- Use Wrap and Wrap4D to process volume captures for shot work and FACS.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two (2) years of VFX experience modeling photorealistic characters for live-action feature filmS
- Expert Maya and excellent knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox.
- Mari and Wrap4D knowledge (a plus)
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills and problem-solving abilities
- Strong understanding of rigging process and displacement map workflow
- Strong demonstrated understanding of facial anatomy and creating blend shapes for facial expressions using FACS
- Understanding of FACS, Visemes, Phonemes blendshape methodology
- Experience working on creatures, topology, and blend shapes
- Eye for detail and able to QA own work to ensure the highest quality before handing off assets
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; experience working under tight deadlines with multiple priorities an asset
- Able to breakdown large goals into achievable milestones with production support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player and able to work independently with minimal supervision
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.