Type: Full Time
Please apply via the link below, applications through VFX Montreal will not be considered
Scanline VFX is a leading visual effects company with studios in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, London, Seoul, Munich, and Stuttgart.
Join our award-winning studio set among Montreal’s cultural and entertainment district and be challenged to do the best work of your career alongside some of the best talent from around the world.
Due to Covid, Scanline VFX is operating remotely until further notice. All open opportunities are for remote work unless otherwise stated.
Reporting to the FX Supervisor, the FX Artist creates high-caliber dynamic and riveting visual 3D effects. They troubleshoot and solve technical and artistic issues to meet client requirements and production deadlines.
- Creates a wide variety of realistic effects, including but not limited to destruction, smoke, fire, and water
- Works under the guidance of multiple supervisors to achieve the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy, often exploring different approaches and looks
- Works with the FX leads to produce various elements using presets and templates, and to expand and improve upon these templates
- Revises simulations based on client and supervisor feedback in a timely manner
- Coordinates with the lighting department to ensure seamless integration of FX elements
- Works within the established pipeline and offer constructive suggestions to improve the process
- Helps develop and explore new ways to enhance results
- Helps team debug issues and learn new methods
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in live action visual effects for feature films or high level television
- Creative ability and artistic talent, demonstrated by previous work
- Strong experience in creating a wide variety of simulations (destruction, atmospheric, fluid, supernatural, etc.)
- Understanding of physics, realistic motion, and assorted natural phenomena on different scales
- Exceptional technical skills, the ability to learn new software quickly, and a keenness to stay on the leading edge
- Strong willingness to grow, learn new methods and share knowledge with others
- Ability to work and solve technical issues independently
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and thrives under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and an open mind
- Team player able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Compositing and scripting experience is a plus
- Flowline experience is highly desirable
TOOLS & SOFTWARE REQUIRED
- 3ds Max
- Thinking Particle
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please apply using the following link: https://jobs.lever.co/scanlinevfx/6a47a9f4-751a-4bb3-8ad0-f04159389e2f?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=VFX%20Montreal