Type: Full Time
Reporting to the VFX Generalist Supervisor, the 3D Generalist displays a high proficiency in varied skills across areas of REALISM lighting, modeling texture, shading, look development, hard surface animation, rendering with the ability to composite their own work. As a seasoned VFX professional working on feature films, the Generalist is able to break down complex VFX shot work for workflow/schedules and support mentoring/training of others.
- Responsible for creating high-quality digital composites and visual effects for live-action feature films; seamlessly integrate the various layers of a shot
- Establishes looks and/or follow set style direction
- Understands and follows production guidelines; solves design and/or effect challenges for key visual effects shots.
- Receives and implements feedback quickly and effectively
- Collaborates with other compositors to ensure shots are delivered to highest standard and on schedule
- Mentor and advise junior compositors; share knowledge and techniques
- Escalates issues as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Ability to execute a broad range of VFX tasks including look development, lighting objects, modeling, texturing, animation and rendering
- Experience with 3dsMax software preferred, but will also consider Maya Generalist with a willingness to learn 3dsMax
- Basic understanding of Max Scripting
- Must be able to work under the guidance of a CG Supervisor or VFX Supervisor to achieve the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy
- Proven development skills
- Strong sense of compositions, light and color
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.