Lead Layout Artist
Start date: january 2021
The Lead Layout Artist will join the team for the production of the Netflix animated series that awakens the Dead: Army of the Dead, Lost Vegas; directed by Zack Snyder (Justice League, 300, Dawn of the Dead) and Jay Olivia (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns).
Armed with an impressive cast, the animated series traces the story of Scott (Dave Bautista) and his team of mercenaries during the initial fall of Vegas as they face the mysterious source of a zombie outbreak. Action, hemoglobin and suspense are part of their daily life.
Ready for the zombie apocalypse?
Your role :
Reporting to the Animation Supervisor, the Lead Layout Artist oversees the creation of the first 3D version of the scenes that represents the director’s intention to provide a clear direction of action for the animation and lighting departments:
- Actively participate in meetings with the Artistic Direction and the Producer;
- Supervises and guides the Layout Artists in the creation of prototype plans in Unreal 4, as well as working on their own shots;
- Organizes, prioritizes and assigns the tasks to complete, considering the strengths and weaknesses of team members;
- Ensures the correct positioning and movement of the camera, and respect the staging of the characters and assets for each animation sequence according to the creative objectives and technical standards of the project;
- Gives creative and technical feedback to his team;
- Ensures coherence within and between shots in order to respect the story of the project;
- Resolves any technical and creative problems on the shots;
- Informs his team of changes and news relating to the project;
- Meets the deadlines set by the production team and prepares all plans before the start of the animation;
- Creates and documents methods, structures and work processes;
- Participates in maintaining proactive and effective communication with other departments.
Experiences and qualifications :
- Diploma in 3D animation;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in a realistic animation project (Cinematics, video games, VFX);
- Excellent knowledge of Autodesk Maya to create 3D layouts;
- Excellent knowledge of cinematographic techniques, blocking, stitching and composition of shots;
- Excellent understanding of camera positioning and perspectives;
- Ability to enter and address complex notes;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Recognized leadership and keen eye for detail;
- Very good organizational and communication skills;
- Proactive and conscientious showing solidarity toward his team;
- Interest in directing and creating films;
- Knowledge of Shotgun (asset);
- knowledge of Unreal (asset).
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property, and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.