The Render Wrangler is responsible for monitoring, reviewing and the assist of managing renders and other data generated directly of feature animation film. This position can require night and weekend shifts which fluctuate based on the needs of production.
• Monitor renders on the render farm and ensure renders complete
• Check, notate and report on finished jobs for errors/issues
• Update and maintain job priorities and render resources
• Identify and escalate issues that cause significant loss of rendering time and efficiency
• Work with production management, lighting and technical directors to troubleshoot issues
• Assist in general production file storage, cleanup, and maintenance
• Degree/Diploma in computer graphics or information technology or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with the production pipeline for animation
• Technical knowledge of 3D animation, rendering and compositing software (Maya, Arnold, Nuke or equivalent)
• Understanding of the basics of render management software, such as Qube, OpenCue, and how to submit and modify jobs.
• High degree of computer literacy
• Ability to work on Linux
• Well versed in Open Office or equivalent (MS Office)
• Ability to learn and suggest improvements to proprietary software and scripts
• Scripting (Linux shell, Python, MEL) skills a plus
• Able to multitask and prioritize
• Self-starter; able to work with minimum supervision when required (night/weekend shifts)
• Able to thrive in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment
If you are interested in the position, please apply here: https://jobs.reelfx.com/en/positions/render-wrangler-589
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please note that Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents will be considered in priority.