Method Montreal is looking for an experienced VFX Producer to join our amazing team. Reporting to the Head of Production, the VFX Producer is responsible for managing all aspects of a show(s) from start to finish. This typically involves oversight and responsibility for: the initial visual effects breakdown and bid, planning and scheduling of facility resources, managing the visual effects team and monitoring their work during the post-production process and acting as the primary liaise with the client, managing this key relationship. Working collaboratively with their VFX Supervisor, the Producer is responsible for turning awarded bids into an actionable roadmap.
The VFX Producer will also be involved in high-level studio show-to-show planning, studio workflow and tools meetings and is responsible for helping to create and nurture an artist-focused collaborative environment.
In this role, you will:
- Bid work with the Visual Effects Supervisor.
- Plan and schedule facility resources with the Visual Effects Supervisor and Artist Manager to create an effective approach to the visual effects work.
- Ensure the progression of work to the client’s satisfaction.
- Report the progress of work to the Head of Production and Finance on a weekly basis.
- Report the progress of work to the client on a weekly basis.
- Ensure full utilization of their teams working with the Artist Manager to share resources between productions to ensure company priorities are met above show priorities.
- Ensure all facility departments are aware of the production’s requirements, for example disk space and rendering.
- Provide collaborative but strong leadership to their teams directly (Production, Supes, Leads and Artists) to successfully manage projects through the studio to schedule and budget constraints.
- Responsible for providingCreates master schedules updates schedules and resources as needed.
- Keeps a proactive view to creative and technical challenges that may impact schedule and budgets and informs the Head of Production, providing potential solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring ensure schedules, tasking and project constraints are communicated to the artists and supervisors, working with them to define specific development and resource specifications needed to complete the project.
- Knows the team’s skill set to be able to pivot and re-task when challenges and work overload become apparent.
- Responsible for ensuring their CG Supervisor has worked out technical requirements of a show and production data flow issues.
- Responsible for managing to outsource vendor bids, schedules and relationships feeding into the needs of the show.
This job is for you if:
- Minimum of 6+ years of digital production experience, minimum of 2 years Producing visual effects for feature films.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of digital/VFX filmmaking processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior personnel, as well as technical and creative staff, in all facets of the production process.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of production pacing to maintain schedules but provides a calm, collaborative ‘we can do this’ vibe to the teams below and above them.
- Able to create a vision of the big picture, while rolling up sleeves and getting done whatever is needed to meet objectives.
Why should you join Method Studios?
- Being part of a world-class, award-winning team that creates amazing Visual Effects for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters
- Flexible working hours and remote work available
- Comprehensive Group Benefits (health, dental, life insurance etc.) from day one!
- An incredible company culture. We value new ideas; our virtual doors are always open.
- Opportunity for career progression in advancement. We want to see our employees grow!
Interested? What are you waiting for? Apply now; we can’t wait to get to know you!
Creativity has diversity at its heart. We celebrate the value of every unique experience by dedicating ourselves to promoting the most diverse and fair, and inclusive culture where employees feel empowered and safe to present themselves at work as such.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Therefore, please inform the company’s HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.